HIRING: Stewardship Director
About the Stewardship Director Position
Aprovecho is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Stewardship Director in the Spring of 2016. Aprovecho’s Stewardship Director is responsible for guiding the strategic direction and forwarding the overall mission of the organization through organizational guidance and development, fundraising, public outreach, and financial management.
This position has been developed at a time of substantial organizational growth. Successful programs, a strong reputation both regionally and globally, and a committed array of local teachers, advisers, and supporters have been cultivated to support the next phase of the organization’s development. This position is for an individual that believes in the potential of the organization to grow financially and loves a holistic lifestyle where living and work are blended.
The position is 30 hours per week. Benefits and Compensation are appropriate for a non-profit of Aprovecho’s size and scope and are available upon request.
Hiring is on-going. We are still accepting applications, and the hire date will be determined by the qualified candidate.
Aprovecho is a non-profit education center located on a beautiful 40-acre land trust in Cottage Grove, Oregon. Over the past thirty years Aprovecho and its community of teachers and practitioners has been a leader in the global movement for sustainability through education and research in the fields of agriculture, technology, green building, permaculture design, and forestry.
Stewardship Director Responsibilities
1. Organizational Guidance and Development:
– Develop and determine organizational strategic direction with the support of the staff and board
– Schedule and attend all staff and board meetings
– Coordinate the logistics and agenda setting of all board and staff meetings
– Assure follow-through of all commitments made during board and staff meetings through consistent communication and technical guidance/assistance as needed
– Ensure the consistent development and enactment of the organizations goals and objectives
– Actively engage and energize Aprovecho volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders
– Steward the staff, and volunteers ensuring they have realistic goals and objectives, a clear understanding of their accountabilities, are equipped with what they need to thrive, and are effectively measured on their personal and group results
– Function as a link between all programs and staff, ensuring coherence and synthesis in Aprovecho’s offerings as a whole
– Ensure consistent facilities and landscape upkeep
– Ensure staff and community commitments to Aprovecho’s code of conduct
2. Fundraising & Communications:
– Ensure the stewardship of historic fundraising and donor outreach strategies including events, email and mail outreach, and newsletter production and distribution
– Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations while developing future program opportunities
– Maintain and update donor, student, and visitor databases
– Ensure ongoing grant research, grant database management, grant writing, and reporting
– Support of other staff, volunteers, and contractors writing grants
– New donor cultivation and stewardship
3. Public Relations:
– Build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with funders, political and community leaders
– Be an external local and regional presence that communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of all programs
– Ensure continuous and effective advertising and outreach through various media
– Ensure quarterly email updates to subscribers, consistent facebook presence, and develop other social media relations
– Ensure an active, updated, and representative website
– Give public and private tours
– Recruit staff and local experts with relevant expertise to support interested visitors and off-site inquiries
– Engage the broad community of practitioners and teachers in linking and networking into Aprovecho for mutual support in the interest of strengthening Aprovecho’s presence in the professional community
4. Financial Management
– Prepare monthly financial reports for staff
– Prepare quarterly financial reports for board meetings
– Ensure financial integrity by working with all staff, board members, and program coordinators to synthesize a coherent programmatic offering that is profitable
– Review and approve all program budgets
5. Legal Responsibilities
– Ensure all visitor and student liability forms are received
– Ensure upkeep of all organizational tax and legal liabilities
The SD will be thoroughly committed to the Aprovecho mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, stewardship, coaching, and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
College and work experience in the areas crucial to the success of Aprovecho including, but not limited to sustainable building, permaculture, organic farming, intentional community development, financial management, and non-profit management;
Leadership experience with track record of effectively leading performance- and outcomes- based organization and staff; the ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth;
Stewardship experience with demonstrated result of building consensus, working in a team environment, supporting staff, allowing for full and rich discussion on plans and results;
Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation;
Grant writing experience with at least 5 grant applications completed and proven record of success.
Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget;
Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate new and existing board member relationships;
Marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures;
Written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills;
Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people;
Passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
How To Apply:
Please send a Cover Letter and Resume or C.V. to: email@example.com