Classes ~ Wednesday from 6-8pm for five weeks starting August 16, 2017
Instructor: Heather Greene
The Sustainable Business Development (SBD) program is open to the public and focused on supporting socially just, sustainable business solutions. The SBD offers social and environmental change oriented business planning and support. During the five week course, new models and resources will be outlined and expanded upon.
Participants will: Examine feasibility, set time lined goals and establish relationships that will nurture accountability, progress and greater connection to the community. Designed to inform the eager entrepreneur, through the lens of social justice, and by review of the unsustainable structures that currently exist, as well as historical events that have shaped the present, you will be empowered and supported to achieve greater good.
The Sustainable Business Development program includes access to Aprovecho’s current wait list for the: Oregon Individual Development Account (IDA) 3:1 matching grant to start a small business or fund further career oriented education.
SBD Fall Term 2017 ~ August 16, 23, 30, September 6, 13 2017
- Location: Healing Matrix 632 E. Main, Cottage Grove, OR
- Wednesday nights from 6:00pm-8:00pm
Tuition: $125.00 for 10hrs of instruction
WHAT IS THE IDA (Individual Development Account ) GRANT?
Individual Development Accounts, or IDAs, are matched savings accounts that build the financial management skills of qualifying Oregonians with lower incomes, while they save towards a defined goal. IDAs build pathways of opportunity and create models of economic success in Oregon communities. Over a period of 6 months to 3 years, grantees save money to pursue either an educational path, business plan, or improvement to anexsiting busness. With every $1 dollar they save, $3 will be granted to them as a match, up to a total grant of $9,000 matching.
AM I ELIGIBLE FOR AN IDA GRANT?
You may qualify if you can say “yes” to each of the following:
- I am at least 12 years old.
- I have verifiable income, and my income is within the Income Limits.
- My net worth is less than $20,000 (what you own minus what you owe – with one home, one vehicle, and up to $60,000 of retirement savings excluded).
- I am an Oregon resident and I live in a lane county, in the Cottage Grove area.
- I am willing to attend financial education classes and SBD course.
- I can save a minimum of $25 monthly towards my asset goal.
- I can commit to saving for at least 6 months.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE IDA?
- Meet the above eligibility requirements
- Have an interest in starting a sustainable business or improving your existing business
- Register for the Sustainable Business Development Program
- Contact email@example.com to find out more
To view our Frequently Asked Questions page, please go here.
For more information, please visit the following links: