The Sustainable Business Development (SBD) program is open to the public and focused on supporting socially just, sustainable business solutions.
The SBD offers social and environmental change oriented business planning and support. During the 5 week course, new models and resources will be outlined and expanded upon. Directed by discussion and the creation of community ties.
Create a business plan, set time lined goals and establish relationships that will nurture accountability, progress and greater connection to the community. Designed to inform the eager entrepreneur, through the lens of social justice, and by review of the unsustainable, capitalistic, corrupt structures that currently exist, as well as historical events that have shaped the present, you will be empowered and supported to achieve greater good.
The Sustainable Business Development program includes access to Aprovecho’s current wait list for the: Oregon Individual Development Account (IDA) 3:1 matching grant to start a small business or fund further career oriented education.
Program will be held at the Cottage Grove LCC Campus
SBD Winter Term 2017
- March 15, 22 and April 5, 12, 19 2017
- Wednesday nights from 6:00pm-8:00pm
Individual Development Accounts, or IDAs, are matched savings accounts that build the financial management skills of qualifying Oregonians with lower incomes while they save towards a defined goal. IDAs build pathways of opportunity and create models of economic success in Oregon communities. Over a period of 6 months to 3 years, grantees save money to pursue, either an educational path or a business plan, and with every $1 dollar they save, $3 will be granted to them as a match, up to a total grant of $9,000 matching.
AM I ELIGIBLE FOR AN IDA GRANT?
You may qualify if you can say “yes” to each of the following:
- I am at least 12 years old.
- I have verifiable income, and my income is within the Income Limits.
- My net worth is less than $20,000 (what you own minus what you owe – with one home, one vehicle, and up to $60,000 of retirement savings excluded).
- I am an Oregon resident and I live in a lane county, in the Cottage Grove area.
- I am willing to attend financial education classes and SBD course.
- I can save a minimum of $25 monthly towards my asset goal.
- I can commit to saving for at least 6 months.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE IDA?
- Meet the above eligibility requirements
- Have an interest in starting a sustainable business
- Register for the Sustainable Business Development Program
- Contact email@example.com to find out more
To view our Frequently Asked Questions page, please go here.
For more information, please visit the following links: