Classes ~ Wednesday from 6-8pm for six weeks starting March 28th, 2018
Director and Instructor:
Heather Greene –MS Food Systems and Social Justice
Heather Greene is the Sustainable Business Development Director and Educator, and Administrates the IDA for business and education through CASA of Oregon. Heather is a long time eco-entrepreneur, and has developed and directed several service based businesses over the past 25 years. Currently she is the director and lead educator of the youth programming offered at Aprovecho – EEE. Triterra Consulting is her newest venture, started in 2016, and aimed at assisting non profits and social change organizations, with an emphasis on social justice, gender equity and resilience building.
The Sustainable Business Development (SBD) program is open to the public and focused on supporting socially just, sustainable business solutions. The SBD offers social and environmental change oriented business planning and support. During the six week course, new models and resources will be outlined and expanded upon.
- Create a proactive and resilient business plan and operational outline
- Research their chosen field and organize a plan for collaboration.
- Examine feasibility and set time lined goals
- Establish relationships that will nurture accountability, progress and a greater connection to the community.
Designed to inform the eager entrepreneur through the lens of social justice and by review of the unsustainable structures that currently exist, as well as historical events that have shaped the present, you will be empowered and supported to achieve greater good.
The Sustainable Business Development program includes access to Aprovecho’s current wait list for the: Oregon Individual Development Account (IDA) 3:1 matching grant to start a small business or fund further career oriented education.
SBD Spring~ March 28th, 2018 – May 2, 2018, 2018
SBD Fall ~August 15th, 2018 – September 19th, 2018
- Location: Healing Matrix 632 E. Main, Cottage Grove, OR
- Wednesday nights from 6:00pm-8:00pm
Tuition: $125.00 for 12hrs of instruction
Email email@example.com to register
WHAT IS THE IDA (Individual Development Account ) GRANT?
Individual Development Accounts, or IDAs, are matched savings accounts that build the financial management skills of qualifying Oregonians with lower incomes, while they save towards a defined goal. IDAs build pathways of opportunity and create models of economic success in Oregon communities. Over a period of 6 months to 3 years, grantees save money to pursue either an educational path, business plan, or improvement to anexsiting busness. With every $1 dollar they save, $3 will be granted to them as a match, up to a total grant of $9,000 matching.
AM I ELIGIBLE FOR AN IDA GRANT?
You may qualify if you can say “yes” to each of the following:
- I am at least 12 years old.
- I have verifiable income, and my income is within the Income Limits.
- My net worth is less than $20,000 (what you own minus what you owe – with one home, one vehicle, and up to $60,000 of retirement savings excluded).
- I am an Oregon resident and I live in a lane county, in the Cottage Grove area.
- I am willing to attend financial education classes and SBD course.
- I can save a minimum of $25 monthly towards my asset goal.
- I can commit to saving for at least 6 months.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE IDA?
- Meet the above eligibility requirements
- Have an interest in starting a sustainable business or improving your existing business
- Register for the Sustainable Business Development Program
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more
To view our Frequently Asked Questions page, please go here.
For more information, please visit the following links: